Club Brugge vs Royal Antwerp will battle for three points in a Jupiler League fixture on Sunday.
The hosts are coming off a 3-2 defeat away to the same opponents last weekend. They took a two-goal lead through Clinton Maja and Hans Vanaken’s early goals but Vincent Janssen halved the deficit in the 36th minute. Gyrano Kerk stepped off the bench to level matters with four minutes remaining, while Arthur Vermeeren completed the comeback in the fourth minute of injury time.
The win saw Antwerp hold on to top spot in the table with 45 points to their name. Club Brugge sit in fourth spot on 30 points and are already out of the running for the league title.
Club Brugge vs Antwerp Head-to-Head and Key Numbers
- This will be the 110th meeting between the two sides. Club Brugge lead 59-20.
- Their most recent meeting came last weekend when Royal Antwerp claimed a 3-2 comeback victory on home turf.
- Club Brugge have lost all three games in the Championship playoff, while Royal Antwerp have won all three games to climb to the summit.
- Each of Antwerp’s last nine away games have produced less than three goals, with each of the last five ending in victory in addition to a clean sheet.
- Each of Club Brugge’s last four games have produced three goals or more.
- Club Brugge have lost just one of the last 14 head-to-head games they have hosted, winning 12 games in this sequence.
- Royal Antwerp are on a seven-game unbeaten run away from home, winning six matches in this run.
Club Brugge vs Antwerp Prediction
Club Brugge’s title defense was over before it started and their implosion means they are not part of the teams contesting for the title in the home run. Instead, we have a thrilling three-horse race at the summit, with Royal Antwerp currently leading the way.
The Reds are seeking a fifth league title and the first since 1957. A win here would solidify Mark van Bommel’s side’s quest for a league crown.
Despite their struggles, Club Brugge still has enough quality and will be keen to get back to winning ways. We are backing the spoils to be shared in a high-scoring stalemate.
Prediction: Club Brugge 2-2 Royal Antwerp
Club Brugge vs Antwerp Betting Tips
Tip 1 – Result: Draw
Tip 2 – Both teams to score
Tip 3 – Over 2.5 goals
Bold Tip – Both teams to score over 1.5 goals