Benfica are set to play Porto at the Estádio Municipal de Aveiro on Wednesday in the Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira.
Benfica come into this match on the back of a 2-1 loss to Feyenoord in their most recent game. First-half goals from Brazilian attacker Igor Paixao and Mexican striker Santiago Gimenez secured the win for Feyenoord. Croatian striker Petar Musa scored the goal for Benfica.
Porto, on the other hand, drew 1-1 against Rayo Vallecano in their most recent game. A goal from English attacker Danny Namaso for Porto was canceled out by a goal from forward Alvaro Garcia.
Benfica vs Porto Head-to-Head and Key Numbers
- In 41 head-to-head encounters between the two sides, Porto has won 21 games, lost 11, and drawn nine.
- Croatian striker Petar Musa managed nine goal contributions in two league starts for Benfica last season.
- Norwegian midfielder Fredrik Aursnes managed six goal contributions in 24 league starts for Benfica last season.
- Iranian striker Mehdi Taremi managed 29 goal contributions in 31 league starts for Porto last season.
- Brazilian winger Galeno managed 11 goal contributions in 20 league starts for Porto last season.
Benfica vs Porto Prediction
Benfica won the league last season and has subsequently lost some key players of the title-winning squad already. While Argentine midfielder Enzo Fernandez left in January, star striker Goncalo Ramos recently moved to Paris Saint-Germain, while Spanish left-back Alex Grimaldo has joined Bayer Leverkusen.
Prediction: Benfica 1-0 Porto
Benfica vs Porto Betting Tips
Tip 1: Result- Benfica
Tip 2: a game to have over / under 2.5 goals- under 2.5 goals
Tip 3: Benfica to keep a clean sheet- yes