Antwerp is one of the best clubs in Belgium, so it will not take long to position itself in the best way in this new day of the Group Stage of the Champions League. Although his first match resulted in defeat, he is preparing to face a great rival, who will not make things easy for him.
— Royal Antwerp FC (@official_rafc) October 3, 2023
On the other hand, the Ukrainian El Shakhtar Donetsk also comes from a fall against Porto (1-3), which did not leave the best taste in his mouth for what will be this next confrontation. In the same way, this is the team that has the greatest advantage for this opportunity, so a great appearance on the court is expected.
WHEN AND WHERE IS ANTWERP VS SHAKHTAR DONETSK
Match: Antwerp vs Shakhtar Donetsk
Date: October 04, 2023.
Time: 18:45 hours in Spain.
WHERE TO WATCH ANTWERP VS SHAKHTAR DONETSK ON TV AND STREAMING
Channels: in Spain you can watch the match through the Champions League on M+ and LaLiga TV Bar. In the case of South America, it will be available through the ESPN signal and its Star+ streaming platform.
FORMATIONS AND ALTERNATES
XI del Antwerp (Mark van Bommel): Butez; Bataille, Alderweireld, Soumaïla Coulibaly, Wijndal; Balikwisha, Vermeeren, Ekkelenkamp, Keita, Muja; Janssen.
SHAKHTAR DONETSK FORMATIONS
XI del Shakhtar Donetsk (Patrick van Leeuwen): Riznyk; Gocholeishvili, Miroshi, Matvienko, Azarov; Artem Bondarenko, Stepanenko, Sudakov; Zubkov, Sikan, Kashchuk.
Royal Antwerp vs Shakhtar Donetsk Head-to-Head and Key Numbers
- Wednesday’s game will mark the first-ever meeting between Antwerp and Shakhtar.
- The visitors have had 14 competitive meetings against Belgian opposition. They have won eight of those games, drawn five times and lost just once.
- The home side have failed to score any goals in their last four games across all competitions.
- Shakhtar are one of three sides in the Ukrainian top flight this season yet to taste defeat on the road.
- Antwerp have the worst defensive record in the Champions League so far this season with a goal concession tally of five.
Royal Antwerp vs Shakhtar Donetsk Prediction
Antwerp are on a run of three consecutive draws and have won just one of their last six games across all competitions. They have, however, lost just once on home turf all year and will be hopeful of a positive result this week.
Shakhtar, meanwhile, have won just one of their last four games across all competitions after winning four of their previous five. They have performed well on the road this season and should pick up a point here.
Prediction: Royal Antwerp 1-1 Shakhtar Donetsk